What are the bjj learning?
- To better their attributes such as coordination, balance, strength and physical fitness
- Drills and games that relate to the techniques and movements in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques for sport and self-defence including takedowns and throws; also offensive and defensive ground grappling.
- To listen to instruction, concentrate and focus, respect other students, work as a team and get along with training partners.
- To respect their coaches, parents, teachers, eachother and everybody
- Setting goals and achieving those goals such as belt grading and competition
What goes on in an average class?
- Everyone lines up and the class bows to the instructor
- Warm up with exercises such as push ups, running, sit ups, squats, burpees
- Rolls and break falls
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques and then specific drills to practice the moves with a partner to instil the moves taught
- Concentration and focussing drills
- Lining up and bowing at the end of class
My expectations of the children and parents.
- Students need to arrive at class on time, ready to line up in their uniform by 5:30pm
- To be healthy (don't train while sick or any skin infections that may be contagious)
- Respect the instructors before, during and after classes by listening to instruction and staying focussed
- Be a team player, we are a team and all bjj need to feel like Champions Creed is a safe and fun place for then to learn and have fun.
- Consistent attendance. Students are expected to attend both classes each week unless they are sick or away.
- Parent are welcome to watch classes but to observe, not interfere.
What is the cost? 2 - 5 month semesters each year. February - June and September - January (July and August no classes)
- $100.00 + GST for Uniform (includes pants, belt and jacket)
- Club T-shirt $22.95 + GST
- $425.00 + GST for 5 months (minimum commitment)
When are the classes? (Always closed on holidays)
- Monday from 5:30 - 6:30pm - uniform for Monday is Gi (pants, belt and jacket)
- Wednesday from 5:30 - 6:30pm - uniform for Wednesday is Club t-shirt and either shorts or Gi pants
Can I sign my child up right away?
- Yes, Sign up at any time for the beginning of the closest semester starting either February 1st or September 1st. You can not join in classes once a semester has started.
- Limited amount of students per semester accepted.
Could I have my child try out a class before I commit to signing up?
- A trial class is allowed the first class of each semester provided we are not already at capacity. You are more than welcome come anytime to watch a class.
Contact Sheila at 587-229-9524 for any further questions or to arrange a time to come see our facility, meet the instructors or come watch a class.
Click to enlarge